The social workers at the Social Services of the Reuth Rehabilitation Hospital Tel Aviv encourage and support the coping and acclimatization processes of hospital patients and their families, by means of:
- Reducing emotional distress, reinforcing resilience and improving the emotional wellbeing of the patient and his family.
- Strengthening the cooperation and the coordination between the patient and his family and the multi-professional team
- Training and assistance in realization of rights and mediation between the patient and his family with the relevant services in the community.
- Support of the ability of the patient and the family to manage their condition
- Assistance in maintaining a treatment continuum to ensure the continued rehabilitation process for patients who have concluded their hospitalization and have returned home.
Individual, familial and group discussions designed to –
To support and assist the patients and the families to cope and acclimatize with their situation
- To instruct and assist in realization of rights
- To mediate between the patient and the family and the services in the community including – the welfare system, the Ministry of Health, National Insurance, foundations and more.
Support in cooperation and coordination between the medical team and the patient and his family –
- Emphasis on psychosocial issues in joint meetings of the medical team with the patient and his family
- Development of a growth from crisis questionnaire designed to help the multi-professional team and the patient to understand the strengths and difficulties of the patient and the family and to encourage them to realize their abilities in order to achieve the rehabilitation objectives
Protection of the elderly and the helpless –
- Coordination of the Committee for Prevention of Abuse to the Elderly and the Helpless in the hospital
- Responsibility for appointment of guardians for patients requiring such
Development and management of frameworks and programs in the hospital –
- Educational framework – from 2010 the hospital has been operating an educational framework which has placed for itself the objective, alongside the multi-professional medical treatment, to improve the quality of life of children and their families. The educational framework team includes 7 teachers, 7 therapists from the fields of occupational therapy, speech therapy, physiotherapy, social work, therapy using music and animals. All the children receive a daily activity pursuant to their medical condition and their abilities. The activity is very diverse and each child receives in practice a personal study program. Furthermore the school also helps adolescents who are hospitalized in the rehabilitation ward, young people in preparation for matriculation and in reducing the study disparity during the hospitalization period.
- Reuth Information Center – is engaged in accessibility of information to the general public on issues of rehabilitation, rights and treatment for the third age by means of the internet.
- The Treatment Continuum Unit – maintains the continuum of rehabilitation treatment during the transition of the patient from the hospital to the community by means of weekly telephone conversations with the patient, the family, the HMO, treatment which supports the patients and their families in the acclimatization process after hospitalization, and prevents withdrawal in the patient’s condition.
- Spiritual support – is given to the patients and their families who are contending with chronic illnesses and terminal conditions, and it is designed to strengthen the spiritual aspect and the feeling of significance when contending with complex existential experiences
- National Insurance in the hospital – the National Insurance has opened a service to assist patients in the hospital to realize their rights with the National Insurance. The service is given on a voluntary basis by National Insurance pensioners.
Director of the Social Services – Miki Sharon
14 social workers, gerontology, spiritual support, and a team of 12 volunteers who work at the Information Centre and in the Treatment Continuum Unit.
Rehabilitation in hospitalization
Clinics and Institutes
Research & Development
Hahayil st 2 Tel-Aviv
7, 11, 15, 16, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 43, 52, 53, 58.
Tel Aviv -"HaHagana" Train Station, within walking distance