The Rehabilitation Internship Program
The hospital is the largest rehabilitation hospital in Israel and includes 12 wards, some 360 hospitalization beds and a comprehensive ambulatory service. The hospital staff includes senior rehabilitation and geriatrics physicians of international renown alongside leading specialists in diverse health professions – physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, rehabilitation psychology, nutrition and diet and more.
The hospital is fully affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University and is engaged in academic training and teaching for medical students in the health professions. The hospital is recognized for internship in rehabilitation and geriatric medicine and is the first medical center in Israel recognized for major internship in medical administration and pain alleviation amongst the rehabilitation and geriatric hospitals.
Hospitalization services: neurological rehabilitation, orthopaedic rehabilitation, brain injuries rehabilitation, respiratory rehabilitation, prolonged ventilation for children and adults, nursing track for children and adults.
Clinic service: rehabilitation ambulatory care, a center for rehabilitation of pain syndromes, sexual therapy and rehabilitation, instrumentation (the Lewis Institute) and the Eating Disorders Treatment Institute.
The Reuth Rehabilitation Hospital Tel Aviv encourages its physicians to be involved in research in the various fields of rehabilitation. Much effort is given to promote activity of the Reuth Institute for Research and Development which operates in the hospital and works together with institutes for research and higher learning in Israel and worldwide and with start up companies and the Israeli biotechnology industry.
The activity of the hospital rests on five main foundations: quality of treatment and service, staff development, academia, research and financial stability.
The “I believe” of the hospital places the patient and his family in the center – recognizing that we treat the individual and not only the illness. The inclusive treatment is mandatory when contending with complex situations in which the patients find themselves and the ramification derived from such on the proximate environment.
The hospital’s vision: “The Reuth Hospital is a leading rehabilitation hospital founded on love of humanity and professional excellence. The Center’s staff is committed to provide top quality and dedicated treatment to the patient and his family, to initiative and innovation, to academic research and teaching and to collaboration with medical and welfare services in the community”.
The internship tracks in physical and rehabilitation medicine
The internship period is spread over four years:
- Two and half years in the Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine Department.
- Three months in Internal Medicine.
- Three months in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Three months Neurology.
- Three months in one of the following: neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery (additional period), psychiatry, neurology (additional period), cardiac rehabilitation, paediatric development, geriatrics, clinical electro-physical, rheumatology, neuro-radiology.
- Six months foundation sciences.
- The Reuth Rehabilitation Hospital Tel Aviv has agreements with hospitals in which these rotations can be carried out.
A monetary grant for excellence for interns program
A monetary grant for excellence totalling NIS 250 thousand for interns accepted at the hospital pursuant to the criteria.
Internship at Reuth – quality, professionalism, humanity
During the internship the interns:
- Integrate in the ongoing work on the wards.
- Join the work in the multi-professional clinics: pain, CRPS, sexual rehabilitation and therapy, ambulatory care.
- Are exposed to advanced technological methods in the field of rehabilitation.
- Participate in work in the health professions: physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and more.
- Are exposed to the Eating Disorders Treatment Institute.
- Receive personal education and a personally customized internship program. Learn from the best specialists in Israel – Prof. Avi Ori, Prof. Jean Jacques Vatin, Prof. Rafi Heruti and other specialists in the field of rehabilitation.
- Integrate in a clinical, excellent and multi-professional track engaged in academic research and excellence.
- Are exposed to a range of fields: rehabilitation after brain damage (due to trauma or CVA), spinal cord injuries, orthopaedic injuries, rehabilitation after illness, surgeries, accidents, pain rehabilitation and sexual rehabilitation – all this by means of mentoring given by the specialist physicians in the various departments.
- Participate in conventions in Israel.
- Receive the option for rotation in one of the leading rehabilitation hospitals worldwide.
- Benefit from a good quality, familial and supportive work environment.
- Integrate in a developing profession and an opportunity for unique professional development in the long term.
- They participate in internship in a diverse and fascinating field which combines advanced technology with personal contact with the patient.
- Engage in research supported by the researchers and the research assistants.
On the conclusion of the internship an option will be given for those suitable to integrate in a variety of clinics and in innovative technological development in the rehabilitation medical fields.
The need for good quality rehabilitation medicine is on the rise, you are invited to join the rehabilitation medicine leadership!
The advances of an internship at Reuth – a personal program customized in the fields of your interest.
The hospital offers the interns an elective in rehabilitation or geriatrics. Prior to execution of the elective a preparatory meeting is held with one of the senior physicians to develop a personal program which includes the relevant areas of interest for each intern.
The elective includes personal experience in diverse fields of rehabilitation and/or geriatric medicine.
- Participating in the work on the wards.
- Participation in the work in the multi-professional clinics: pain, CRPS, cannabis, instrumentation, sexual rehabilitation.
- Exposure to advanced technological methods in the field of rehabilitation.
- Exposure to work in the health professions: physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and more.
- Exposure to the Treatment of Eating Disorders Institute.
Students teaching center at Reuth Rehabilitation Hospital
Prof. Rafi Heruti, Director of the Rehabilitation Division and Professional Director of the Sexual Rehabilitation and Therapy Clinic which he founded. Prof Heruti also serves as a member of the staff of the Faculty of Medicine at the Tel Aviv University, lectures in Israel and worldwide and reviews articles in leading medical journal overseas on the issue of sexual health.
Rehabilitation in hospitalization
Clinics and Institutes
Research & Development
Hahayil st 2 Tel-Aviv
7, 11, 15, 16, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 43, 52, 53, 58.
Tel Aviv -"HaHagana" Train Station, within walking distance